29905560

I am being threatened by my utility company going to court

Customer Question

I am being threatened by my utility company going to court to obtain a warrant to cut off my electricity supply, I have been trying to resolve the situation since middle of 2014 they have been charging me out of contract rates since then after repeated attempts to sort things out unfortunately i am away on holidays on the date of the court hearing is ther anything i can do to postpone the court hearing until my return so i may put my case forward to the courts..
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi ben

Have you been making any payments at all in the interim?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No i have offered today to make a payment as a good will gesture but seem to be getting nowhere

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the remainder of today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. It is indeed possible to ask the court to consider a postponement to the original dates set for the hearing. There are various reasons that could mean a party to a claim may not be able to attend, such as illness, holidays, etc. You should write to the court and ask for it to consider adjourning the current hearing date until a date when you are available to attend. If you had booked the holiday before the notification of the hearing date then there is no reason why the court would refuse such a request. I suggest you include evidence of the holidays with your letter, such as booking confirmation showing the date on which the booking was made and the travel dates. There is no formal process or wording to follow, a simple request by letter with the reasons would be sufficient for the court to consider this.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.