How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am in the process of writing a witness statement for the

Customer Question

I am in the process of writing a witness statement for the family court.
My ex partner did not return my child back to my care on 18th August 2015 since then he has denied me access to my children. Children Services have no concerns about me as a mother. I would like the children returned back to my full time care.
The judge has asked me to write a statement outlining what I would like and any concerns.
Please could you give me your advice.
Kind Regards
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My ex partner has not involved me with any decisions regarding my 2 children even though I have PR.I have tried phoning my ex partner but he has me arrested for harassment.
I decided to take my ex partner to court to gain access to my two children. I would like my children returned to my fulltime care but it has been a year since I last saw ands spoke to them.Hollie
Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In the statement you should cover:

-the background of your relationship with the father and the children

-the last arrangements you had to see the children

-why arrangements stopped

-what concerns or issues there are regarding the children

-any other issues you feel are relevant to your application

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and how did they come to be in their father's care for the last year?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Clare
My children are aged 4 years and 2 years. Their father failed to return them to my care after a weeks holiday (18th August 2015) with him and he has denied me access since. I have now taken him to court but I am not entitled to legal aid. At the first hearing the judge has instructed me to write a statement to include what I would like to happen and any concerns I have.Hollie
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Nay I ask why it has taken over a year to take the matter to court?

What concerns do you have about his care of the children?

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice