I am in the process of writing a witness statement for the

Customer Question

I am in the process of writing a witness statement for the family court.
My ex partner did not return my child back to my care on 18th August 2015 since then he has denied me access to my children. Children Services have no concerns about me as a mother. I would like the children returned back to my full time care.
The judge has asked me to write a statement outlining what I would like and any concerns.
Please could you give me your advice.
Kind Regards
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My ex partner has not involved me with any decisions regarding my 2 children even though I have PR.I have tried phoning my ex partner but he has me arrested for harassment.
I decided to take my ex partner to court to gain access to my two children. I would like my children returned to my fulltime care but it has been a year since I last saw ands spoke to them.Hollie
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In the statement you should cover:

-the background of your relationship with the father and the children

-the last arrangements you had to see the children

-why arrangements stopped

-what concerns or issues there are regarding the children

-any other issues you feel are relevant to your application

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and how did they come to be in their father's care for the last year?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Clare
My children are aged 4 years and 2 years. Their father failed to return them to my care after a weeks holiday (18th August 2015) with him and he has denied me access since. I have now taken him to court but I am not entitled to legal aid. At the first hearing the judge has instructed me to write a statement to include what I would like to happen and any concerns I have.Hollie
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Nay I ask why it has taken over a year to take the matter to court?

What concerns do you have about his care of the children?