Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

The local council is responsible for the drive at the back

The local council is responsible for the drive at the back of the houses in our road. They cleaned it up of fly tippers rubbish and put a gate with a lock on it before I bought the property. The lock has gone missing and fly tipping has resumed. I have spoken to the Environmental agency, council's local MP. I have been promised a lock will be fitted, and the rubbish cleaned up. This has still not happened after 12 months or more of talking to them. Can I take them to court to enforce them to do it?
Many Thanks
Joe

Dear *****

You cannot sue them as an individual.

Your best (and cheapest ) course of action is your local councillor (not council) , local MP and local freebie newspaper who tend to be desperate for local news stories.

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I do not remove rubbish from land, I am responsible for I get fined. It is council land, so it is their responsibility. The local council can please their selves. . Where in the world can some one or governing body says I do not have to comply, but if you do not we will fine you?I now understand when people say the law is an assThank YouJoe