Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have accidentally deleted an important email from the

Customer Question

I have accidentally deleted an important email from the Local Government Ombudsman, the contents of which agreed with my findings but details of which were not correctly dealt with in the now published case's final determination.
By agreeing with points that I raised, the Ombudsman's deliberations finally concurred with the governing regulations which the local authority had considered were not relevant in our case. I have referred to these significant findings in a subsequent email and phoned LGO Assistant Ombudsman to request a further copy of the email I have lost but I'm now told it can't be found. Is it best to simply write to LGO one more time, citing evidence again, and seeing if there is a change of heart. The trouble is that it means the final determination is flawed.
Paul ****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just requested phone conversation - land line is 01606 852292. That's a Northwich number. Regards Paul *******
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dear Nicola,
Thanks for feedback – This does seem quite a complicated topic but one of the reasons for my question yesterday arises from the information and guidance I found in the supporting documentation for the 2011 Ordinary Water course Regulations, ref.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ordinary-watercourse-regulation-advice-note
It might be easier to quickly talk this over tomorrow to cut to the chase as there is also a 'not upheld' Ombudsman's Final Determination and very angry neighbour to be aware of. And, also a Lead Local Flood Authority that considers that regulations do not apply in our case. .
Hope that helps.
Paul ****
01606 852292
.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello Paul my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this please?
If the email has been deleted, what is it you want the LGO to do about that?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Our land line number is ***** 852292.
Today, we have emailed LGO with evidence that demonstrates mistakes in our Council's assumptions that meant that consenting requirements for a new culvert were never obtained. However, I do not know if we will get a reply since investigation is now closed. But I do know that if we are correct than regulatory requirements have been ignored by Council and LGO.
In view of the above, it seems sensible to wait a few days to see if a positive response does arrive from LGO. Also, my understanding is that independent legal advice would negate any obligation that LGO has to respond to us, even if it's final determination is flawed. All we have asked the LGO is that it confirms that consent should have been obtained as it did in an email it sent us in January, that I deleted by accident and now can't be found at the LGO. Please could you rest easy for a few days and I'll get back in touch early next week. It is possible that Chief Ombudsman should be made aware of what has happened in case there are other complaints similar to ours arising from regulatory oversights concerning Lead Local Flood Authority duties and responsibilities.

When would be good to give you a call?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
39;Evening James,
I think that we should wait until Monday to see if LGO responds to our reasonable request.
Paul

Sure. Let me know when you are free. Speak to you then