Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I haven't paid tax for 15 years been in and out of work hmrc

Customer Question

hi I haven't paid tax for 15 years been in and out of work hmrc now involved ill probably have to pay £250k and ive other debt totalling 30k I moving into a new house on 17th sept my 2016/17 tax affairs are up to date I don't think the revenue will take a payment plan the new house is mortgaged 95% will they take it off me I'm beside myself simon
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 10 months ago.

The revenue will be looking to recover but they do not simply take or sell assets for the sake of it.

If the house is mortgaged up to 95% then there is little equity in it and by the time the costs of sale are taken out there will be next to nothing to take. There is also the argument you can use that Brexit has led to a stagnation/ fall in property prices.

Best regards

Michael