Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son was born 31/12/01. His father committed adultery when

My son was born 31/12/01. His father committed adultery when my son was 5 months old, leading to the end of our relationship. The last time my son saw him was when he was coming up to his second birthday. He has never paid a penny towards the upbringing of my son, until I finally managed to get the CSA to track him down in February 2015 - the payments started at £30 a week and are now at £41.60 - these payments are made by the Grandparents and not by my sons father.
I have no way of contacting my sons biological father, but I am still in touch with my sons Grandparents, who won't disclose any contact details for him.
I want to know if I can take him to court to claim payment for the thirteen years that he didn't provide for my son?
Is this possible without knowing his address? The CSA managed to find him?!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As there is a CSA application in place, the CSA has jurisdiction to deal with the maintenance and the courts will not accept an application to collect arrears. You should contact the CSA to inform them of these arrangements and they will carry out an investigation.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response.
The CSA have told me that they only deal with payments made as of the start of the application with themselves, which was Jan/Feb 2015. There are no arrests with them as of yet.
They have told me to seek legal advice to start a civil case against my sons father to claim for the absent years. How do I go about this please?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

I see - I think you have been wrongly advised by them. If there have been no previous court orders or CSA calculations for maintenance prior to Jan 2015, then there is no enforcement available against him.