Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am currently in the process of purchasing a property. In

I am currently in the process of purchasing a property . In the Official copy of the Register of Title under Property Register it states "The land was formerly copyhold of the Manor of XXXXX and the rights saved to the lord by the 12th schedule of the law of property act 1922 are excepted from the registration"
Are you able to tell me what this means and if it should concern me. My solicitor says it is quite common to have these claues in older properties and she would not normally bother investigating it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please continue with your search.Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am continuing to wait for an answer. Many thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am continuing to wait for an answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Manorial rights will ceased to be overriding interests in registered land on 12 October 2013. Such rights, particularly to minerals, can be valuable. That is what this is, so if a gold mine is found under your house, the person who is named would have the benefit. That means because they ceased on 12 October 2013 they need to be registered on the title.

But I wouldnt worry about this - its old law and the chances are there is nothing valuable under your house!

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor