12826847

I am the leaseholder of a flat in Camberwell, the whole

Customer Question

I am the leaseholder of a flat in Camberwell, the whole block is managed by an agency.
2 years ago they proposed a lot of refurbishment work on the block, interior, exterior and electrics.
They tendered the work and the cheapest of the 4 companies was as a total of 92K my share was 5k.
As it took them long to collect the funds from the leaseholders, they started doing the electrics work (14k) earlier, with some of the collected funds.
And went for tender again with the rest of the work, this time only 2 companies.
Finally in March the building work started, it is now completed.
I received a letter in April that there was an accounting error and I have to pay and additional 2k.
After that I looked through the 2nd tender documents in detail and I realised that the new tender was 112K and didn't include 14K for the electrics works done earlier.
The agency collected money for the first tender 92K, never asked the leaseholders for the revised amount of 126K and now want to charge it in hind sight.
I want to challenge the additional 2k, as I believe the agency would have to notify me before that the collected funds were not sufficient. How do I challenge this amount? Can I just flat out refuse to pay it?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, i can wait another day but not longer. All the best Paul
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, i can't wait any longer and i would like to cancel my question. Thx Paul
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need assistance or do you want to cancel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, thx for your help but i ran out of time and had to make a decision without advise. I don't need help anymore. All the best Paul