13262538

The judgement in my divorce action stipulates that I must

The judgement in my divorce action stipulates that I must not remarry or cohabit; however, it is my understanding that the UK Human Rights Act specifically gives me the right to remarry. How is it possible that a judge can make a ruling in a divorce judgment which is contrary to the UK Human Rights Act? And in light of the fact that most women are allowed to remarry following a divorce, it seems that to deny this right to some and not all cannot conceivably be seen as a fair and impartial outcome. Do I have any recourse in this situation?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you able to attach the final order her using the paperclip icon?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

The only restriction that the Court could have imposed relates to a financial issue

By this I mean that either you will lose Spouse maintenance should you cohabit or remarry or you will have to sell a property

Accordingly the Order does not (indeed cannot) prevent you from cohabiting or remarrying.

It can only use those events as a trigger for financial changes

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.