F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I act as a social carer for a gentleman who would like to

Customer Question

I act as a social carer for a gentleman who would like to find out the whereabouts of his next of kin-a niece who at least when she was small lived in Truro in Cornwall. There was a mobile phone number given but I have not been able to get any response from this. I am given to understand that any links were many years ago so that his niece may well have married and changed her name. Is there any guidance you can give as to how I might go about tracing this lady?
Russell Jones
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying. I realise the information I have been able to provide is scant indeed. I will leave it with you until Friday the 9th of September in the hope of help.
Russell Jones
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please let me know here if you would like a refund.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

There are companies like this that will do no find no fee for £50 plus VAT. This is the kind of firm that solicitors use.

http://www.ccsformations.co.uk/Tracing-25-c.html

I have no experience of the likes of Ancestry.com but that might be worth looking at also.

Adverts in the local paper sometimes bear fruit and a notice in the London Gazette is also worth trying.

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.

F E Smith, Advocate
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for providing these options. Unfortunately Doug has not been able to provide either a date of birth or address for Susan, his niece and he is I'm afraid very confused. I appreciate though, your response and I might try the local paper and the Ancestry site you have quoted. Perseverance will triumph I hope anyway! Thanks
Russell,
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

There is generally no short cut to this and the research just takes some time.

It is much easier now with the Internet .

I do hope that he finds her.