Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

The judge made a mistake. He awarded me 75 per cent of my ex

The judge made a mistake. He awarded me 75 per cent of my ex husbands pension but wrote down 7.5 per cent. I have to go back to the family court but a different judge, what will he decide? I had been married for 30 years and I gave my ex 3 cars, catering van and other jointly owned assets. We both have 50 per cent of the matrimonial home.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If all that has happened is an error in the order itself, you do not need new proceedings and this can be amended by the court under the "slip rule" and for the court to issue a new order rectifying the mistake.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.