12826847

I live in a terraced town house. The neighbours have

I live in a terraced town house. The neighbours have complained that my wife smokes on a terrace outside the back door, they claim that the smell of smoke throughout their house is is unacceptable. I have told them that I will erect an additional screen between their terrace and ours. Are we in breach of law if my wife continues to smoke on the terrace?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No.

You are perfectly entitled to smoke a lawful substance in your own home.

Some people just want to live in a world where everything is their own way and unfortunately they have to make compromises to accommodate others.

Don't engage with people who enjoy complaining. They are never happy unless they are offended about something.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They claim that they have a child with a respiratory condition and the level of "contamination" in their house puts him at risk. I believe that this is a huge exaggeration and being used as an excuse to complain about the slight smell of smoke. Does the above change our right to smoke in our own premises?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not your problem.

Contrary to the belief of parents, actually everybody else is not responsible for the care of their children.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If their child has a respiratory condition then best they bear the cost of moving to the country.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Leaving the rest of us to lead a normal life.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Free from the screaming of their children.