F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Afternoon. My ex partners wife keeps putting pi tures up of

Afternoon. My ex partners wife keeps putting pi tures up of my daughter on facebook without my premission and passing her off as her own daughter is this a legal matter and is there anything i can do ?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Why is she doing this?Have you reported this to the police?how old is your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is 9 years of age . I dont know why shes doing it . I wasnt sure if it was a police matter or a more solicitor matter ?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Because of the age of your daughter and the fact that it is your ex-partner’s wife, I think this is harassment because you have presumably asked her not to do this and she has carried on regardless. I would see the police. You can of course go to see a solicitor and threaten her with an injunction to make a remove these and not do it again and pay the legal costs and hopefully the solicitors letter would do the trick failing which, you would have to make the court application.

Because the child is aged nine and there seems to be no logical reason for this other than some kind of vendetta, I would be very surprised if the police did not give her a knock on the door and warning.

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.