C - follow on from Friday- Jo - hopefully you're still

Customer Question

For Jo C - follow on from Friday-
Hi Jo - hopefully you're still available;
The Police have responded to my email as follows: - we cannot pursue a FTS without independent evidence i.e. witnesses . I am however, happy to provide you with details of the other driver upon request. This does not affect any civil claims you may wish to initiate. If your Insurance need to confirm any details, please ask them to contact me. -
I reported the incident to my ins company first thing this morning. Any thoughts...?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Of course they can. It is a pity they don't pursue rapes without independent evidence. That might free up some resources to deal with proper crime.

If you can get the details of the other driver though then that would resolve the civil claim.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Personally though I would go back and make the point that you are prepared to give evidence. Ask them why they need independent evidence.

What independent evidence do they rely on when they investigate these historical sexual offences?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have sent a response as you suggested:
For the record, I would be prepared to give evidence. Why would you need further independent evidence?
In recent months, the press has provided coverage on a number of historical sexual offences. Now, in no way am I attempting to compare the seriousness of those offences to my traffic accident, but what independent evidence would you rely on when investigating those offences? Surely the legal principles are the same?
Please can you provide the details of the other driver and confirm whether or not you have spoken to him.
Am awaiting a response...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Spot on.

They can bring prosecutions costing the country thousands of pounds without independent confirmation then although I suppose they would argue that is CPS not them.

What is happening here is that you are just plain playing second fiddle to accusers. It is not acceptable.