Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a court order that says I am allowed to talk to my

I have a court order that says I am allowed to talk to my daughter 3 times a week on the phone. I also have contact every other weekend. Due to holidays my ex said I can not collect my daughter on one of my contact weekends. For 3 weeks now I have no idea where my daughter has been and have not been able to contact her on the phone or iPad I purchased for her. Should I report her missing? Who to? Note I hold her passport so its unlikely they left the UK.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
England
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. Have you been able to contact or speak to the mother and how old is your daughter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No she's not responding to me at all. She's 11 12 on the 17th Sep.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thanks. You can contact social services or the police to carry out a welfare check and then consider making an application to court using form C79 and a £155 court fee to enforce the current court order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.,

Harris, Law Specialist
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
would I/we have to go to back to court for a c79
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

Please do not contact either Social Services or the Police unless your daughter does not start school on time

If you do it will be used against you as an example of your "over anxiety"

That is not to say I agree - but i know a set up when I see one.

If normal contact does not resume this week the way forward is to go back to court to enforce the order using a C79