12826847

I bought a pair of climbing boots. There is a lifetime

Customer Question

I bought a pair of climbing boots. There is a lifetime guarantee for failure due to bad workmanship or failure of the products used in the manufacture. During the following years the boots were hardly worn but the sole fell off one of the boots.
The manufacturer admits that this was caused by faulty workmanship and agrees that the boots are almost new even though the were bought some time ago.
Question; Bearing in mind the nature of the guarantee does the 6 years limitation apply to this case.
Thank you *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How much did they cost?

How old are they?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;120 and I bought them about 10 years ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If there is a lifetime guarantee then there is a lifetime guarantee.

That would not be subject to limitation.

However, lifetime guarantees do quite often have exemptions. You would need to be aware of that.

In principle though, an item that was sold with a lifetime guarantee is not subject to limitation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** you've given me the way forward and I will now commence a small claims application/hearing.
Paul
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/