29905560

Im a sole trader and have been in contact with accompany

im a sole trader and have been in contact with accompany call map registrations.its with reference to an online page.after a 30 day trial they have sent out paper work after a phone call to me and said that if the paperwork was sent out that this is a binding contract.ive been in contact with them but they said there are no consumer rights of cancellation because its between 2 businesses is this correct ?
thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What were the terms of the trial - did you see if you had to cancel somehow not to be bound further after that period?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a 30 day free trial.then received a letter saying.your account manager will contact you in 30 days to discuss the activity of your page and whether you wish us to manage the page for the next 12 months.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It is correct that a business to business contract does not enjoy the same rights in terms of cancellation ads a consumer contract. So there is no automatic cooling off period for example. However your rights would be linked to breach of contract or misrepresentation. So for example, if you were not told that there would be an automatic subscription after the initial 30 day trial or you were misled into assuming you did not have to cancel, then that would still be used against them to try and argue that this was all done unfairly and amounts to misrepresentation. However, if they did give you all of the information accurately and you simply did not follow the process to cancel the trial and absolve yourself from any future liabilities, then the contract could be binding if it was issued as described.

Even if they claim that you are in a contract now that is just their opinion. You can still refuse to pay. If you do then it is up to them to decide whether to take this further and if they want to force you to pay then the only way is to go to court and win. They may never go that far and even if they do, assuming the overall claim is for less than £10k, the risks are relatively low. So you could take your chances on the assumption that they may never go as far as claiming in court.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you