When they’ve considered the information, what is going to be the ongoing issue or claim?
What problems is this causing?
Notwithstanding their potential claim, are you otherwise in a position to distribute the estate?
If you are, then send a letter by recorded delivery and also by first class post and get proof of posting from the post office counter telling them that further to the previous correspondence they’ve sent, you’ve heard nothing and in the absence of resupply by close of business on Friday, 16 September 2016, you will distribute the estate in accordance with whatever you have previously proposed and close the file.
I wouldn’t distribute it on the 17th, but I would probably give them a few more days and send the second letter saying once again that as you’ve not heard from them by the deadline, you are now in the process of distributing.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.
We can still exchange emails.
If they have all the balance of the money, and that’s what you’re waiting to distribute, then you can use the same timescales but your threat would be for an injunction for them to return the money to you for distribution. Basically, they either have to issue proceedings to have the matted determined by the court or they have to come to an agreement with you as to how the money is to be distributed or let you have it back. They cannot just hang onto it indefinitely.
I’m not certain why the solicitors have got the money but it appears that they got the injunction to prevent the distribution on the basis that they are alleging the brothers are not responsible for the damage and should not have paid for it by deduction from their bequests