F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My bank has lost my deceased mother's will. It is not giving

HI. My bank has lost my deceased mother's will. It is not giving me any statement in writing and on the phone always gives different answers as to what has happened with my will.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a copy of the signed will?

Are you an executor?

Have you put the request for the will in writing?

How long have they been looking for it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a copy. Yes I am the executor. I have put a request in writing and what they said basically wasn't true. They have been looking now for 2 years.

You have a claim in negligence against the bank. They haven’t founded after two years, then they are not going to find it.

If you have a copy of the signed will, you are going to need a statutory declaration from the bank with regard to the loss of the will and a court application to have it admitted to probate as a true copy of the original.

The bank are liable for the costs you incur in doing this.

Unless you have experience of this kind of litigation, the better getting a solicitor to write to the bank asking for the statutory declaration and also to make the application to court.

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.