31090051

Scotland my wife made a new will 5 weeks before she died i

scotland my wife made a new will 5 weeks before she died i am not named on the will as she thought i would have the house we owe £20,000 to nationwide she had £30,000 in the bank and £40,000 in shares i have a car on a bank loan in my name only i have a daughter whom she has left 80per cent my granddaughter ten per cent a brother and two of our friends the other ten per cent our title deed drawn to read equaly between them and the survivor of them what is my position and oblige a 78 year old jackf195 @yahoo.co.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps we have a static caravan used all summer as our holiday home and with local doctors as temporary residends value of caravan about £12000
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

The house passes to you automatically and doesn't go through the estate. The mortgage debt is due one half by you and one half by your wife's estate. You have been excluded from the will but you the right to claim legal rights to your wife's moveable estate. This is a debt on the estate if you claim it and is for one third of the moveable estate. That would include a third of the money, shares and caravan. See your own solicitor about this immediately. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.