F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have an ongoing dispute with LLoyds about a ppi payment.

I have an ongoing dispute with LLoyds about a ppi payment. This has been going on since January. We were due a cheque for £883 98. We have never received this cheque though they said they sent it in January.I have been to my bank and got them to check all statements and there is no such payment been deposited.
.We have had to pay Consumer claims their fee because we were threatened with recovery action
If as they say they sent it it certainly didn't come to us so what we are saying is why is it taking them so long to trace it to see if it was cashed by someone else.
We have called them on numerous occasions and they say they are still looking into it.
I have now sent a final letter to them asking them to sort it or I would get in touch with yourselves.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Have you threatened to complain or have you already complained to the Financial Ombudsman Service?

If not, write to them (don’t try to deal with it on the telephone) and tell them that unless you have a cheque in full payment, by a particular date 10 days hence, sayFriday, 16 September 2016, you will refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You also reserve the right to issue Small Claims Court proceedings against them.

If you don’t hear back from them by then, then report it to the Financial Ombudsman Service as a complaint.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Many of these Lloyds/TSB mis-selling claims have been dealt with by a third party firm, Huntswood who have been winding down their operation and yours may be caught up in the wind down. You also have to bear in mind that my understanding is that LTSB have had more mis-selling claims than any other bank.

Notwithstanding that, your complaint is against Lloyds TSB.

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you a copy of the letter I have sent and would value your opinion on the next step