Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Problems with my new build house kitchen, also plan differ

Customer Question

Problems with my new build house kitchen, also plan differ from what was submitted to the local planning office
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

Anything important would be covered by the builders NHBC agreement.

If it is not that important the council planning office are unlikely to care either.

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well on the planning side that's fine but there was certain aspects which he had to adhere too and this has not happenedWhat about the problems with my kitchen ? He has lied to me since January ?We purchased a new build property in December 2015 and moved In Jan 2016 straight away we had various problems with the kitchen, things not fitted correctly ,
Glue everywhere, Cooker hood falling off and almost hitting my daughter, Plinths falling off and almost breaking my wife’s toes. Since we have reported it we have had
Around 10 visits to try and fix problem and even left the property for a weekend but it is still not a kitchen you would put in a house you paid £177,500 for.We have also had visits from the builder who has now gone bust and also the developer who said the kitchen was designed and fitted by Selco which isn’t true Selco don’t even offer this
Service, We have found out the units where put where they fitted and installed by a none qualified fitter, Also the other 9 house have had their kitchen designed and fitted by Benchmark.Here Is a little more information on the kitchenTo the day we still have problems and was told by the developer it was fit for purpose which was an insult.

This is covered by NHBC agreement - sorry cannot get longer reply to u , system will not permit

Michael