13262538

I am currently on 0 rate with child maintenance, after

Customer Question

I am currently on 0 rate with child maintenance, after loosing my job and have no arrears, however I am now planning to leave UK and start a new life in Asia ,and retain my relationship with my children by flying them over for contact ,and holidays
My question is simply ,I would like to keep my home in the UK and rent it out.
Is my home protected from child mantinance or my ex partner.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are/were you married to the mother? What income will you be receiving?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If you have an income in your new life then your ex can apply IN THE UK for a Maintenance Order.

The income you receive from your house rental will form part of the assessment made by the court

If you then fail to pay she can enforce any arrears against your UK property - either claiming against the income received or seeking a sale to recover arrears

Please ask if you need further details