F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

The fence between my property is shared with neighbours can

The fence between my property is shared with neighbours can my neighbour attach fence posts and panels to the shared fence posts
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain exactly what they’re trying to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That are attaching fence posts with bolts and metal plates to holes that go through the centre line of concrete posts that form the boundary between our properties. The actual boundary is on this centre line of the posts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The metal plates which are about two inches wide when fixed in place do in fact go across the centre line so are in part on my side of the boundary, I know this is only a minor infringement but I just want to know the legal position as to attaching additional weight etc to a shared fence line and posts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will wait for the online responseThank you