13262538

I have a query regarding my partner. Just over four years

Hello. I have a query regarding my partner. Just over four years ago my partner and I had an argument which ended up with my partner breaking some objects and a piece of broken object caused a cut to our son's fore head (about 1cm). Seeing blood and being frightened I called the police. Ultimately my partner was cautioned by police. Social services were notified. They gave my partner pprc status. The first level minor offence. The case with social services was closed 3 months later. We recently found out the status is still against him. There have been no more offences at all by him. Please can you advise if this can be appealed against and ultimately removed if possible? Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What ? The caution?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Causing injury to a minor I think. Social services or the police didn't inform him he would have pprc status although they informed me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, are you asking if the caution can be appealed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the pprc status. There is little informtion available. I've been able to ascertain that he should have been re-assessed but this has never taken place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the £44 for a phone call in addition to the £34 I have just paid? Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My colleague has asked me to look at this for you

May I ask why this has become a problem again??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. My partner has recently started a new job with a construction company. A week ago his company moved him to a new site peparing the groundworks for a new school building. He was told today that because of the nature of the building works i.e. a school, they would have to perform a CRB check. We are concerned that this may affect his work and potentially his employment. It has been an issue for him previously, which is how he found out he has a PPRC status.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have you spoken directly to Social Services regarding this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't. I wanted to get a legal perspective before contacting them.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately you cannot insist that the status is removed

You can ask them to so a re-assessment and that that is recorded, but I am afraid that that is as far as it goes.

I am sorry

His best approach would be to speak to his employers and tell them the situation

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.