Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Is there any legal action we can take for a news paper

Is there any legal action we can take for a news paper "Evening Standsrds" publishing photos, name and other details of an already convicted criminal currently paying his sentence, taking in consideration is affecting his child at school and the rest of his family in the society as all the details are running along the internet now? Obviously there was no consent for it and the picture is one taking in the police station.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have anything they said untrue please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I mean everything was declare true by a judge and jury obviously when he was found guilty and given a conviction. So basically the information they've published is true. What I'm asking is if there is nothing we, the person who are affected and will be affected in the future can do, I am his future wife, he's deeds are affecting my life now as he is in prison, and now having my own family and friends seeing that, but it will affect my life once he will be out also, not to mention his child who can suffer bullying and whom we are trying to protect. is there anything I can do to make this people responsible for playing with our life? We have enough with the maximum time he has been given to have it more hurtful yet.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sadly your options are limited. The press can publish things which are true.

However what you can do is complain to the Editor and then the Independent Press Standards Organisation.

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free.

They are at: https://www.ipso.co.uk/

The only other option would be to seek an injunction. But if what they are saying is true, a Court is unlikely to grant that.

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Thank you! It's definitely not what I was hoping for but I've payed to know the law, not to change it, to change it would be priceless, as it's unbelievable that is legal to publish something that affects innocent people lifes. Will make a complain to the Editor, thank you for the link and I appreciate the information.