I do not see a relevant category above to my question, so I

Customer Question

Good afternoon.
I do not see a relevant category above to my question, so I am making this a general question, looking for your advice.
If I am totally out of line, then please tell me so, but I would appreciate an independent view and / or if there is anything I could do about in this instance.
I am registered with CIMA and studying towards the CIMA qualification. In 2015 there was a change of the syllabus which included various changes. Amongst other is that you have 3 exams (pillars) per level (operational, managerial and strategic) and then a case study to be completed for that relevant level before you can move on to the next level. I had one exam left on the managerial level to complete during the phase over, which meant I still had to do the managerial case study as well. However during the phase over from the 2010 syllabus to the 2015 syllabus, my online account reflected that I was awarded with a credit for the case study and that I only had to complete the one exam for that level. Time passed, and the credit appeared to had been removed. I contacted CIMA and queried this with them. They informed me that I would have to complete the managerial case study regardless, basically no further discussion on this matter. I accepted it and enrolled for the case study course, but when I wanted to book my exam, I was only able to book for the strategic level exams, i.e. the next level up from managerial level. The system is completely computerised and I can only book exams which they reflect as pre-approved to enter for. I assumed that this is then correct and I proceeded with the strategic level exams since these are the exams CIMA pre-approved for me to write. I recently passed the 2nd exam of the strategic level and was due to write the 3rd exam on 22nd September 2016.
Last week I met with a recruitment agent who requested proof of my CIMA qualification status. It was only then that I realised my 'progress report' on my CIMA account is not updated with all the exams I had passed since last year. I contacted CIMA this morning to enquire about this and they had now came back and said that I should have done the managerial case study first before I did the strategic level exams, and they can not allow me to write the last of the 3 strategic level exams in September. I first have to complete the managerial case study exam which is only in November. It further means that I will now only be able to write the 3rd strategic level exam in January 2017 at the earliest (after the results for the managerial case study had been released) and then the strategic level case study in February or May 2017. I will most probably not be able to complete the last (3rd) exam and then have enough time to study for the case study in February 2017. This is kind of irrelevant, but their flawed system is now pushing me back at least 3 months.
I obviously do not want to sue CIMA for this, but it seems really unfair that I now have to be pushed back because of a failure in their system. I already passed 2 exams in the next level, which is higher than the managerial case study, but they now expect me to go back and do the case study for the previous level. They have now even cancelled my exam for 22nd September 2016 and will not allow me to write this exam until I completed the managerial case study.
Is there anything I can do in this situation, or will I now just have to once again 'cut my losses' and accept and do what they are telling me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Based on your experience and what you have described, what would be the ideal outcome for you given the circumstances?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does not seems like you can assist me with this as I asked you what I can do in this instance to ideally get them to reward the credit for the case study as they initially did and let me continue and complete the strategic level and ultimately the qualification. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

ok no problem, all the best

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I believe I already told you what I want to achieve...." ideally get them to reward the credit for the case study as they initially did and let me continue and complete the strategic level and ultimately the qualification".
I am of the opinion that it was their system that was flawed, which allowed me to enter the next level exams, so why, because their system was flawed (and I already raised this with them last year so expected this was fixed and that they indeed allowed me the credit for the managerial case study) do I now have to go back to the previous level to complete the case study. I already passed 2 of the exams on the next level.
Anyway, I guess this is not something you can assist me with, so please let me know your opinion.