Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a lease holder of a flat in a building of which a

I am a lease holder of a flat in a building of which a developer owns the building. He has buildings ins policy on the building which I and the other lease holders pay the premium for. My flat had a water leak and my tenant had no insurance neither did I as l/lord.
I asked the developer for copy of buildings ins which he withheld for ~4 months. When he finally supplied it the wording suggests the leak repair costs I paid out (~£5k) could have been claimed for against the buildings ins policy but he would not and still will not make the claim. He can only make the claim as he is the policy holder and he has delayed the matter beyond the 3 month claim period stated on the policy.
Can I make a claim against him? How would I proceed?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you want to claim back the £5000 you have paid please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's right. This site appears to be a complete scam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've supposedly paid ~£50 for your answer now I'm supposed to pay another £44 to talk on the phone?..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If you want to talk on the phone I can call, but its an additional cost, or we can keep it online.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.