Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We own a rescue kennels in the middle of nowhere due to one

We own a rescue kennels in the middle of nowhere due to one neighbour ( who lives 250m away ) we have had a noise abatement notice served, in November 2015 the council had a sound test run over 48 hrs that they refuse to release. We have had two done which show it is totally within acceptable government guidelines
Is their a time limit in which the council can actually prosecute? Can we have this hanging over us forever without them taking action?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have they said why they wont release the data please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have asked four times under freedom of information act but they say it is not in the public interest to disclose we know it was favourable to us

Ok, then the only way you can do this is with a Court order, or go via the Information Commissioners Office.

You would be able to register a complaint at: www.ico.gov.uk

They have 6 months from the date of notice to bring a prosecution. If not then it needs a new notice.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
basically the notice has now expired?

Yes.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you it's been very helpful

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.