12826847

I was involved wih another woman having touched her knee and

Customer Question

hello i was involved wih another woman having touched her knee and kissing her i then asked was it ok she said yes later im charged with sexual assault. i have mentalproblems ie PTSD . the story in full
I live in eastbourne uk at***** the incident invlves a woman aged 25. she as 6 children and recently splitup from her husband for sexual assault. hER NAME IS ***** ***** since her breakup we have become quite close as friends. i have helped her with money food and houshold items. i am a good christain so i felt this was good to help someone unlikely as myself.
On Sunday this week lorraine knocked on my door to say there was an evil spirit in her house causing upsets for her and family. i did contact my local church and spoke of this. unfortunately the paster recommened i say a short prayer. That evening i was invited to her home . Present was her sister aged 16 . Forme i was quite terrified that i may confront some spirit instead i witnessed nothing except lorraine and her sister giggled and laughed of my fear and kept sayning oh the door as opened or chair is moving. often retuuring to a room to find they may have moved the table or chair slightly.
So fa i felt this was not being taken seroius . iremeber sitting on the sofa with lorraine and placing my left hand on her knee. i asked is that ok. she said yes....asa man does i kissed her and again asked was it ok. yes ok she said we kissed a final time and i touched her breast. at this time i felt uneasy and gave reasons to leae the house.
later i was charged and lorraine stated she had given noconsent. my solictor feells her intentions is strange? thanks for helping im truly dstraught and almost suicidal
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its abit of a long story can i gohead
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im 68 yrs old and married with 2 children suffer PTSD AAand mental illness
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The person involved lives next door agaed 25 she is divorced with 6 chldren. her previous marraiage ended due to sexual assault
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello u there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how do i get a strong case wen iknowshe consented and she now denies. will i go prision
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

It depends what is alleged.

Sexual assault covers a wide range of activities.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you could go to prison. It is an offence that covers a huge range of activity.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

If it is just touching over clothing of a person old enough to consent then you would not go to prison on a first offence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

If it is more complicated than that then possibly you could.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
waiting
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i am honest person but how do i prove my inicence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Well, you can never prove a negative.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

You don't prove innocence anyway.

You shake away at the Crown's case until you create a doubt.

How that is done depends on the facts of the case and, of course, on whether it can be done in this individual case.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

It usually comes down to whether or not the jury believe her or you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
look like im lost .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Not necessarily.

It depends.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i do have ptsd should i use this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

They might well not believe her. They often don't. There are far more false allegations of sexual offences than every other offence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

No, absolutely not.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Very few people have real PTSD. Jurors generally do think it is a load of nonsense.

Even if true it isn't an excuse for sexual assault.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i understand
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
question do u think i should tellmy wife the truth
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
final how long is prision on this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i was diagnosed ptsd after falklands war served army 24 years
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do u think i should pay a barrister than a free solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

It is a good idea to tell her early. She will only find out about it.

Half the country are diagnosed with imaginary disorders. A diagnosis doesn't prove something isn't an excuse. PTSD is a real condition that is widely being falsely acclaimed and jurors hate it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

And anyway, it is no defence so there is no point.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Also, I'm not quite sure how it would be introduced. To what is it relevant?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok it as no defence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

No, it is just a simple assertion of consent.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how long could i go prison and do u recommened a good barraiste than free solicitor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she never refused and i did ask is it ok. are u ok
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

You should have had the solicitor you were offered at the police station.

If you haven't then that was a mistake.

You do need to sort out legal aid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry im very distraught and so upset. i now feel i must leave my wife and kids as i know the truth will kill her more . at moment it is destroying her bit by bit and the longer im here the harder it will be for her
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanksfor your time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry i PAID a further 41 pounds and never a phonecall can i be refunded for this now not required ie the phonecall