12826847

I was involved wih another woman having touched her knee and

Customer Question

hello i was involved wih another woman having touched her knee and kissing her i then asked was it ok she said yes later im charged with sexual assault. i have mentalproblems ie PTSD . the story in full
I live in eastbourne uk at***** the incident invlves a woman aged 25. she as 6 children and recently splitup from her husband for sexual assault. hER NAME IS ***** ***** since her breakup we have become quite close as friends. i have helped her with money food and houshold items. i am a good christain so i felt this was good to help someone unlikely as myself.
On Sunday this week lorraine knocked on my door to say there was an evil spirit in her house causing upsets for her and family. i did contact my local church and spoke of this. unfortunately the paster recommened i say a short prayer. That evening i was invited to her home . Present was her sister aged 16 . Forme i was quite terrified that i may confront some spirit instead i witnessed nothing except lorraine and her sister giggled and laughed of my fear and kept sayning oh the door as opened or chair is moving. often retuuring to a room to find they may have moved the table or chair slightly.
So fa i felt this was not being taken seroius . iremeber sitting on the sofa with lorraine and placing my left hand on her knee. i asked is that ok. she said yes....asa man does i kissed her and again asked was it ok. yes ok she said we kissed a final time and i touched her breast. at this time i felt uneasy and gave reasons to leae the house.
later i was charged and lorraine stated she had given noconsent. my solictor feells her intentions is strange? thanks for helping im truly dstraught and almost suicidal
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its abit of a long story can i gohead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im 68 yrs old and married with 2 children suffer PTSD AAand mental illness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person involved lives next door agaed 25 she is divorced with 6 chldren. her previous marraiage ended due to sexual assault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello u there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i get a strong case wen iknowshe consented and she now denies. will i go prision
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It depends what is alleged.

Sexual assault covers a wide range of activities.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you could go to prison. It is an offence that covers a huge range of activity.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If it is just touching over clothing of a person old enough to consent then you would not go to prison on a first offence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If it is more complicated than that then possibly you could.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am honest person but how do i prove my inicence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Well, you can never prove a negative.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You don't prove innocence anyway.

You shake away at the Crown's case until you create a doubt.

How that is done depends on the facts of the case and, of course, on whether it can be done in this individual case.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It usually comes down to whether or not the jury believe her or you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
look like im lost .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not necessarily.

It depends.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have ptsd should i use this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

They might well not believe her. They often don't. There are far more false allegations of sexual offences than every other offence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, absolutely not.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Very few people have real PTSD. Jurors generally do think it is a load of nonsense.

Even if true it isn't an excuse for sexual assault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i understand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
question do u think i should tellmy wife the truth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
final how long is prision on this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was diagnosed ptsd after falklands war served army 24 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do u think i should pay a barrister than a free solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is a good idea to tell her early. She will only find out about it.

Half the country are diagnosed with imaginary disorders. A diagnosis doesn't prove something isn't an excuse. PTSD is a real condition that is widely being falsely acclaimed and jurors hate it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

And anyway, it is no defence so there is no point.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Also, I'm not quite sure how it would be introduced. To what is it relevant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok it as no defence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, it is just a simple assertion of consent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long could i go prison and do u recommened a good barraiste than free solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she never refused and i did ask is it ok. are u ok
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You should have had the solicitor you were offered at the police station.

If you haven't then that was a mistake.

You do need to sort out legal aid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry im very distraught and so upset. i now feel i must leave my wife and kids as i know the truth will kill her more . at moment it is destroying her bit by bit and the longer im here the harder it will be for her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanksfor your time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i PAID a further 41 pounds and never a phonecall can i be refunded for this now not required ie the phonecall