12826847

Late sending back a fixed penalty notice, £60 no I have to

late sending back a fixed penalty notice, £60 no I have to attend court what will happen
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was issued a fixed penalty, £60, I admitted guilt by letter. unfortunately I was late sending back my plea. I have now been ordered to attend court. it was for a tyre which was borderline, and was allowed to continue my journey without changing the tyre
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Are you asking what sentence you will face?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically I know it will be points and a fine its just for a rough idea of what to expect because I have never been to court
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Was it just one tyre?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one tyre, I was given 14 to change the tyre which I did, but still received the £60 fine, I just accepted it as no points, admitted the charge. but I was late in sending back my letter. was then told I would have to go to court. someone at work said I'll probably get points and a bigger fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you are summonsed for a vehicle defect offence then that does carry 3 points and a fine.

It would be a fine in the low hundreds plus a small amount in costs. It is generally more expensive than paying the fixed penalty although not a ruinous amount.

The issue really is that you would have 3 points.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo that was fantastic, just a bit nervous, never had to attend court before. I'll sleep easier tonight. Thank you very much for all your help. Blair
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.