31090051

Can I check If I have an arrest warrant issued against me in

Customer Question

Can I check If I have an arrest warrant issued against me in UK
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: 9 months ago I had an email sent for Copyright on a Website. The website was taken down immediatly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I search if Arrest Warrant has been issued
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was it sent from a firm of solicitors please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Thailand is that OK? All I need to know is it possible to run an arrest warrant check? I am certain there isnt one but I like to make sure as I am returning to UK for a Holiday in 2 weeks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Is this for you? Are you the person named?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is for me. Barry Vernon Haigh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The website was connected to my name via Go Daddy.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Sadly we can't do background checks, no Solicitor can.

Otherwise it would be a breach of the Data Protection Act to contact the Police.

That is because anyone to ask about anyone else's personal information.
Sadly the only person that can ask for a background check is you about yourself.

So only Barry Vernon Haigh can contact the Police to see if Barry Vernon Haigh has any arrest warrant.

If you contact the Police, they HAVE to tell you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

I think that there may have been a misunderstanding here in what your question actually is. Are you asking if there is an arrest warrant against you for a possible copyright breach on a website? If that is the case, then there is most definitely not an arrest warrant out for you, because any breach of copyright would be a civil matter and has nothing to do with the criminal law. So there is nothing to stop you coming to the UK. Had your question been read and understood correctly by the previous expert, the answer should have been, no, we can't do an arrest warrant check but there is no need to do so because even if there was a breach of copyright, that is a civil matter and has nothing to do with the criminal law. I hope that helps. You are free to travel to the UK. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.