Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have just had an enforcement officer at the door regarding

I have just had an enforcement officer at the door regarding a car which was written off last year. The first thing I knew about this was today. I had only received one communication which did not refer to the "crime" and I had assumed it was for a debt I had not paid. The vehicle was not sorn at the time as there was an insurance claim going through via my company insurance which covered me whilst working. I have recently received notices about sorn and have had that sorted with the relevant authority. They were advised that the vehicle had been off the road since July 2015. The cie claim was for December 2015. Can I appeal this?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was this as a result of a Court fine or County Court Judgment please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure. Only documentation received was a notice of enforcement.. The car has been off the road due to an accident since last july.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
May not have received any other correspondence as i moved house mid july 2015

Does it have a Court number case on it? Does it say its from Northampton?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
was from Marstons and says I owe Her Majesty's Courts & Tribunals Services Devon & Cornwall

Then it looks like a Court fine.

You need to speak to that Court. In order to get it set aside you will need to make a statutory declaration. That is where you go before the Court and say you didnt know anything about this.

If the Court accepts this then the whole matter is set aside. But you only have 3 months from the date you found out to do this - so you need to be quick

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.