12826847

My husband has been imprisoned for possession of child porn.

My husband has been imprisoned for possession of child porn. He has been given a date for HDC trial in November but I thought sex offenders were automatically disqualified from HDC.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Are you asking if they are?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We've been told so many things but why would he get a date if he's automatically excluded. Don't want to get hopesome up.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I mean it's a possession charge, he didn't take photos, distribute etc. Non violent but the fact that he got a date rather than an outright exclusion, does it seem he may be considered for hdc after all
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Sex offenders are not automatically excluded from home detention curfew but it is fair to say that they are not usually eligible.

In particular a case like there where there are safeguarding issues is not likely to be suitable. One has to be realistic I'm afraid.

An application can be made but the chances of success are low.

I'm very sorry but that is the reality of your position.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your answer. I can understand that now. Guess sit tight and see what happens.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.