My mum passed away in May this year, she has left a will be

Customer Question

Hi, My mum passed away in May this year, she has left a will be unsure of the contents, she would of left some of her estate to my elder sister, my sister passed away in August also. The executors of my mums will are her solictors and they havent been granted anything yet. My questiin is really what would happen to what my mum left for my sister? She has a husband and also three children? Also who should the solictors be dealing with? Is my husbands sister entitled to deal with it or should it be me as i'm the only dependant?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your losses

I shall do my best to help you

Any gift that was made to your sister will pass into her estate to be dealt with in accordance with her Will or the Intestacy rules

The Executors of your mother's Will will deal will this.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even if that hasnt been sorted out yet? But who should the solictors deal with? Does my sisters husband have the right to speak to my mums solictor or whould they be dealing with me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Yes it is matter of whether or not your sister lives longer than your mother - which she did.

So far as your sister's share is concerned the Executors need to deal with whoever is administering her Estate - which may well be her husband

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok but only what my mum left for her, My mum had a house, no mortage which we have been unable to access due to probate not being granted yet. Do I have the right to her personal belongings as they wouldnt mean anything to him? My mum wouldnt of specified what to leave to who just to split the estate? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry also my sister has three children, but only one with her husband. Does this mean that as she didnt have a will they aren't intitled to anything from her estate? Is there nothing I can do to ensure a more even split happens? My mum just so wouldnt want this to all go to him, I know that.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry - only if your brother in law agrees can you have all the contents - you will need to negotiate this with him via the Executors.

Equally I am afraid you can have no control over what happens to the funds received by the Estate - they will have to be divided in accordance with the Intestacy Rules