Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have dispute with Lloyds bank about my overdraft fees. I

Hello. I have dispute with Lloyds bank about my overdraft fees. I was compulsive gambler and i was able to deposit funds on gambling site even when i had no funds on my account. i was charge for unplanned overdraft fees and interest, plus i had to cover breached overdraft limit from my payment, so i lost a lot of money. Bank says its up to retailer to approve transactions, but i found out it's bank's decision. I'm going to complain to Financial Ombudsman Service. Do i have any chances to get some of my fees back? regards
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello mu name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you seeking to claim please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi, my phone numer is***********

I can call you, but for that might I invite you to accept the additional service. Or we can keep it online if you prefer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
if we carry on online do i still need to accept additional service?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i'm looking for claim for 5000 pounds for bank charges plus compensation

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is very helpful, thank you. what about Financial Ombudsman Service. Should i contact with them?

You can. That would be free but takes far longer.

The Court claim route would be very quick indeed.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that does clarify

Great. All the best