propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I am renting a house from a private landlord via a letting

I am renting a house from a private landlord via a letting agency. Before moving in I was asked if we had a pet. I said no as that the time we did not. We were informed that should we get one the landlord is fine with it however an addendum must be signed that states should a pet cause damage £100 may be held back from the sucurity deposit. Based on this we moved in. We recently got a small dog we have now been asked for an extra £50pcm to be able to keep the dog. This was not stated when we took the tenancy 3 months ago. I refused obviously to pay the extra £50pcm.
We have now been told to remove the pet as the landlord does not want pets in his properties. Next door is also owned by him and they have 2 dogs !
What should we do?
***** *****
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the tenancy agreement as a pdf.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly not as a odf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pdf

In what format?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard copy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shall i take a pic of the page that refers to pets and email you..?