Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I left my girlfriend because we wer not getting on. after

hello. i left my girlfriend because we wer not getting on.
after this i found out she is pregnant 3 months.
she will not meet to speak about it & is telling me that she is going to have the child and never let me see him/her also maybe even leave the country.
is she legally able to do this ??
what can i do ?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Whilst she is pregnant there is nothing you can do about it. However, once the child is born the child will have a right to a relationship with you which can only reasonably be restricted if there are child protection or welfare concerns. If the mother refuses to allow arrangements then you would be entitled to pursue a court application for a child arrangement order if mediation is not suitable.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what about leaving the country to prevent me seen my child ?
she has a UK & thailand passport
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Whilst she is pregnant you cannot prevent her leaving the UK. However, once she is born you can apply to court for a prohibited steps order using form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court - you will need permission to apply if you are not named as the father on the birth certificate.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what exactly does this form do ?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

It allows you to apply for orders in relation to the child - so if she prevents you seeing the child you can apply for a child arrangement order, or if she is planning to leave England when the child is born you can apply for a prohibited steps order to prevent her leaving.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how would the c100 form help if she has allready gone to thailand ?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

If she has already gone to Thailand you would need to pursue a case there. However, once the child is born if she is still in England and she attempts to leave you can apply to court to stop her.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks for your help.
lets just hope her attitude changes is the coming months.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris
In the meantime if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top as I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you