Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My son in year 10 has admitted to getting some drugs( 2

Customer Question

My son in year 10 has admitted to getting some drugs( 2 tablets) for another child at school. The other child actively pursued my son and asked him if he knew anyone that could get him the tablets as his normal supplier could not supply them.My son took the other childs money and bought the tablets from a person he works with.He returned the drugs to the other child and made no money from the deal.There is no evidence of any of it it is all word of mouth.He has been pulled up in front of principal who says he has been told of this situation.we are encouraging our son to fully disclose the situation is this correct?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know what drugs they are please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie acid tablets
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Is there evidence of the drugs or this one off deal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for getting back one off for his friend he didn't even think it would be considered as dealing or supplying? iknow this sounds crazy but he is 15 and has smoked some pot and has come clean with everything including names of people involved
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If he got it for someone else technically it is dealing. Its up to you whether to come clean.

If they do not have any evidence they can not prove it.

If he does come clean then he could be excluded or reported to the Police.

It's hard to say what to do because of the implications. If you know the school are not likely to exclude and just warn then it may be worth coming clean.

He certainly has mitigating circumstances in that he was pressed into getting the drugs and bearing in mind they are acid, its not as if its hard drugs like cocaine.

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.