12826847

I took over a business in February buying two partners out

Customer Question

Hi There
I took over a business in February buying two partners out which my business manager from bank of Scotland dealt with. Many things have been wrong with the sale etc from the start but recently I was notified by one of the previous partners of the business that they were still getting mobile notifications from the bank and this is six months later.
Should my business manager not of ensured this did not happen
Expert:  Alex J. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What sort of notifications are they receiving? Is the business manager responsible for administering your account? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The business manager was responsible for sorting and removiung people from accounts through mandate forms. We were added but the previous information was clearly not removed properly
Expert:  Alex J. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. Have you suffered any losses as a result? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No losses although due to the Business manager at the bank setting up the loan different than the way we had discussed the business borrowed the money rather than my husband and i personally which now results in us having to owe the business tax of nearly £60,000 even though we own it and are running it.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. The error you have described is potentially negligence on the part of the bank. Did you apply for the loan personally?