Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

What is the court order means? I have disputed £1693.05 and

Customer Question

Dear Sir/ Madam
What is the court order means?
I have disputed £1693.05 and I lost the case and the court order was £3000 - no details what is included. Does £3000 will include £1693.05 plus legal fee the difference?
Stan Burjack
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello Stan my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you put the exact wording of the Order here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Jamie -Law
Thank you for getting back to me.
Please find below exact what it says on the Court Order.Thank you in advance .Before Deputy District Judge Austin sitting at the County Court at Romförd, 2a Oaklands Avenue, Romford, Essex, RMI ADP.
Upon hearing the Claimant in person, hearing Counsel for the Defendant
And upon the claimant having failed to comply with the order dated 20 November 2015 in that he has failed to file and serve the evidence upon which he seeks to rely
And upon the court determining that difficulties resulting from the claimant's failure can only be addressed by an adjournment, to which the defendant objects
IT IS ORDERED THAT
I The claim be struck out under CPR 3.4(2)(c) for failure to comply with the order dated 20th November 2015 and
2. The court finding that the defendant has incurred costs by reason Of the claimant's unreasonable conduct it is ordered that the claimant do pay to the defendant its costs pursuant to CPR 27.14(2)(g) such costs being summarily assessed in the sum of (3000.00) and such sum to be paid by the claimant to the defendant by on 29th May 2016.

Ok - in that case you have ti pay £3,000. This means you need to pay £3k and nothing else.

There is no deduction for the £1693.05 because your claim has been struck out. Your claim is finished.

Therefore you need to pay the £3000.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Jamie -Law
Thank you very much for the answer.
I bought a car and I borrowed £24955 under 5% finance for 4 years. In 11 months I have paid the total amount of £24,955 and I have calculated 5% interest which I paid in full. Santander Consumer finance has asked me to pay a under "settlement" another £1693.05. I have disagreed and apply to court but I did not have a solicitor to represent me and I did not comply with court rules as I needed to prepare a statement. I did not know about that and I lost the case.
I have paid £1693.05 and £3000 . They asked me to pay a new balance £2814.60. What would you advice me.
Stan

They can not. If the balance was £1693.05 and the court ordered £3000 for costs that is ALL you need to pay

You do NOT have to pay any more.

If they want you to then you can go to the Financial Ombudsman at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Jamie - Law
Thank you very much for your help. It was an excellent service. I am going to use the membership as I am very happy now.
Have a lovely day
Stan

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Jamie
I have rated excellent and I have paid you a tip. Thanks a lot again.Kind regards
Stan

Thank you very much Stan, much appreciated.