Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I drove my partners car on the motorway and was caught doing

I drove my partners car on the motorway and was caught doing 82mph in Scotland by camera, I am disqualified from driving although the disqualification was up 10 years ago, i don't have insurance, what is going to happen to me when I admit it?
Worried!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you never re-applied for your licence?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I never reapplied for my licence, the original ban was for DD as a second offence in 2003, since then I haven't driven, my partner was feeling very unwell and was not concentrating well, I offered to take over the driving as we were near to home, as I haven't driven for a long time I overstepped the speed limit.

Ok - then its likely you are just driving otherwise in accordance with a licence, without insurance and speeding.

If you were entitled to a licence but just didn't apply then your licence would just be endorsed - you would not be driving whist disqualified.

You are likely to get 6 points and a fine.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When the letter of speeding arrived from the police it asked who was driving, my partner said it was her, good assumption as I drove only for about 4 miles on the motorway, will this affect her at all, it wasn't meant to deceive.

Ah. She/you should own up. Otherwise it could end up as perverting the course of justice

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am perfectly willing to own up, as I will, the original statement to the police was not meant to pervert the course of justice, far from it, it is difficult to find the place where the offence took place

Indeed. But as I said you will only get 6 points and a fine.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the answers and re-assurance.

All the best.