Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I entered into an agreement with Titan Trade in June this

Hi I entered into an agreement with Titan Trade in June this year, they used very hard selling bullying tactics and after a few days of realising what was involved in my investment I asked to withdraw from the contract. They used delaying tactics and I could not get out of the contract without reaching their 20 Bonus clause, which was never explained to me. I have been in touch with my credit card company and my cards have been frozen. The company owe me £3000 and after numerous e-mails phone calls and a solicitors letter I am no nearer to a resolution. Can you advice me on what I should do next.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can get the forms online at: https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/small-claims

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £3,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been over 14 days since I entered into the agreement, but When I first asked to cancel the agreement it had only been a few days but the broker use delay tactics knowing full well that i would then have to meet their 20 Bonus clause which means having to invest more money before I could be released from the contract. I had to have a block put on my home phone because I was being harassed day and night. Can you tell me what legal act I can state this is in breach of. They used bullying tactics and hard selling pressure ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes I agree. You should say that they are in breach of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks need assistance in wording a letter to the company, can you help?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sadly I cant write the letter for you. All you need to say is you want your money back, otherwise you are going to Court

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thats fine, can I say that they are in breach of the consumer regulations 2013 because of the way in which they treated me.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Because they refused to let you cancel.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it manner that this happened in June, is there a time period in which I should complain?