Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. Dear *****, have the insurance company reimbursed you for the value of the car? Have you made an insurance claim? What is the attitude of the insurance company in suing the housing association?
2. At this juncture, you should send a reminder letter to your insurers seeking to have the claim paid out. Ultimately, it appears as if the claim is in process of being dealt with by your insurers and those of the housing association. So, it will merely be a question of time before full payment is received.
3. Be sure you put the reminder letter in writing. Don't phone as a record of a phone call is easily ignored. Instead, send a typed letter to your insurers. Send a second letter 14 days letter to ensure the matter is not ignored. It is merely important that you keep chasing the insurance company.
4. Be aware that ultimately, you can get a solicitor to write a letter on your behalf. However, i doubt it will get to this stage. There have been the summer holidays since May with many people away. So send a reminder letter and a further reminder letter two weeks after. Payment should ensue shortly after.
5. Please rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.