Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have been having trouble with the eu business register

I have been having trouble with the eu business register (scam) they have now sent a letter saying they will take my company to court they are based in the Netherlands I have looked them up and hundreds of companys all over have been scammed by this company I have been advised not to pay them a penny please advise thank you mr d uphill
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. You need to give the claims for a debt here the deaf ear. They can make whatever threats or claims for bringing legal proceedings. However, you need to do the hardest thing of all - which is to do nothing. Simply ignore any claims for money and ignore any legal threats. Ultimately, they will not sue you, as they are a scam. They function by provoking fear in their victims and bringing pressure to bear to get them to pay. So, give them the deaf ear!

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. If they bring legal proceedings, then you can defend them on the basis they are a scam. However, it will not come to this. This crowd will disappear in the way they have scammed the other people they got money from. Be aware that it constitutes harassment to demand a debt which is not fully due. Harassment is both a civil and criminal wrong. So you can report this group to the police if they get bothersome. So, be aware of your rights.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.