Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have a 34 year old son who is married and has 2 sons in

Customer Question

I have a 34 year old son who is married and has 2 sons in Ecuador I am a British citizen who lives in here for nearly 20 years I would like to know if there is a possibility of help my son to come over here
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. Dear Diana, where was your son born? Has he spent more than 3 years in the UK at any stage in his life? Did you register your son's birth in the UK before he was 18? Where were your two grandchildren (2 sons of your son) born? Were you born a UK citizen or did you acquire citizenship by naturalisation?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My son was here for two year and half in 1999 he burns in ecuador and my grandchildren as wel me my husband and other 2 children got the nationality on 2007 my son is the only one from my family there that is why Inwould like to know if there something that I can do tonhelp him to reunite with us in here.

2. Dear Diana, I regret to say that your son won't qualify for UK citizenship unless he resides continuously in the UK for five years, as he was born in Ecuador. He can get a visa to live and work in the UK if he qualifies for one of the jobs in the Tier 2 visa requirements. However, he won't qualify for a visa to join you as a member of your family as he is now over 18. He can apply for a visitor visa to come and visit you on a temporary basis. However, this visa won't give him the right to live and work in the UK.

3. If your son had spent two more yeaers in the UK in 1999, he would have qualified for settlement and for naturalisation in the UK. However, as he is now an adult, he cannot join you as a member of your family, which would give him the right to live and work in the UK. He has to qualify if he gets a job with a Tier 2 visa employer.

4. As you obtained UK citizenship by naturalisation, your son won't qualify by way of descent for Uk citizenship. he has to establish himself by living continuously in the UK for five years I regret to say.

5. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks a lot for your answer but please let me know if I want to invite him would be easy for him to get a visa to visit me

6. Yes, it will be straightforward for him to get a visa to visit you. He merely needs to show he has permanent relations in Ecuador, such as a wife and a job to which he must return. Also evidence that he can support himself in the UK whilst he is here is also necessary.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks for your advice I have rated the service so you can be paid for your help it has been a good advice thanks just to clarify I will be charged £26xx for the service and nothing else is that right?

7. Yes, that is the total charge.