Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have a small 2bed house in terrible condition that I would

I have a small 2bed house in terrible condition that I would like to sell without going near it.
It is vacant and was occupied by a "friend" who trashed it, leaving a cracked wash basin and a toilet that needs repair. The rest of the house needs a lot of T L C> How do I sell it from a distance. I now live 200 miles from it and am reluctant (unable) to go to see an Estate Agent.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid you will find it very hard to sell the property without visiting it or meeting the respective local Estate Agent. This is because-

1. They will need to verify your identity.

2. They will need to be handed the keys.

All I can suggest is that you pick a nationwide Estate Agents (a Dixons/Bairstow Eves for example) who may have an office near to where you live and also an office near to where the property is. You could then give instructions to your local Agent who could pass it on the Agent in their other office which is near to the property.

(Even if you were to use an internet based Estate Agents, they would still need to meet you at the property).

I hope this assists and sets out the position.

Kind Regards

Al

Hi, can I assist any further? If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al