31090051

I am a community councillor and at a meeting this week a

I am a community councillor and at a meeting this week a member of the public made a series of accusations about the community council. He also made a number of comments about me.
Much of what he said was merely his opinion and or insulting.
However he made a number of comments that called into question my personal commitment and engagement with the community. I can provide evidence that these comments were untrue and would be likely to damage my reputation.
He also accused a member of the public of lying at a previous meeting, she can prove this is untrue and also feels that her reputation has been damaged by these comments
I would like these untrue comments to be withdrawn and for the person in question to apologise
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

In the first instance you should instruct your solicitor to issue a cease and desist letter to this person demanding that they do not repeat the allegations and that they withdraw the allegations by way of a letter of apology. If they don't do this then your remedy is to issue proceedings. That of course is very expensive and may not be an option that you would wish to follow. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.