Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A member of staff sent a letter without it being authorised

Customer Question

A member of staff sent a letter without it being authorised by the directors. This letter was an intent to distribute shares to the receiver of the letter. Not these shares have not been signed over the receiver is not threatening legal action to try and get these shares. Can he legally force us to make him a shareholder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The letter sent was a brief on what would happen in the future, this was not signed. However the person the letter was sent too is currently under investigation for money laundering, which we have just found out and we have lost 3 contracts this week because clients do not want to work with this person.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was it just an offer that was sent ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was. The letter was not sent by the director or authorised by the director. Now the director who is the majority shareholder has stated he will not sign over any shares
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the directors legal right to refuse to sign any shares over
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

What is your number?