Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My neighbour linked to us had a new back garden fence

My neighbour linked to us had a new back garden fence erected he did not ask permission for the men to come on to our land. My husband asked him politely to ask the men to get off our land or he would call the police. My neighbour ignored my husbands requests, my husband knocked at his home again he did not answer the door or answer his landline or mobile. The men continued their work. Where do we stand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did not even have the courtesy to ask our permission, we did ring the police and the operator said it is a community police matter. She said the ne it's our is very disrespectful. There is an act that states your neighbour can not trespass on a persons land.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not wish to have a phone all I have paid £47 pounds for a written response. I do not want to spend any more money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for a written reply.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Indeed. Some customers prefer to speak online. But I need to know: What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I stand legally if you can reply on line. And explain to me that my neighbour has broken the law trespassing on our land
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Trespassing is not illegal as such, but permission is needed.

You have a right to remove people on your land after warning and using reasonable force.

In addition you can sue for any loss and damage (stress) caused, together with an injunction to stop them.

I would get a Solicitor to write and ask them to stop and ask for compensation

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You have given a negative rating which affects my standing on the site.

I gave you a detailed legal answer - what else do you want to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.